Another under-$10 name that looks poised for some decent upside is USA Technologies (USAT), which provides technology-enabled solutions that facilitate electronic payment transactions and value-added services within the unattended point-of-sale market. This stock is off to a hot start in 2012, with shares up over 25% so far.
If you take a look at the chart for USA Technologies, you'll notice that this stock recently plunged from its 2012 high of $1.98 a share to a recent low of $1.12 a share. Following that plunge, shares of USA Technologies tagged $1.60 a share, and subsequently pulled back again to $1.18 a share. That second pullback has created higher low for this stock, and shares of USA Technologies have just bounced hard right off its 200-day moving average of $1.29 a share. That move has pushed the stock right below its 50-day moving average of $1.42 a share, and it's moved it within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV