The S&P 500 was falling almost 11 points, or 0.81%, to 1,321.
Shares of QEP Resources, a natural gas and oil exploration and production company, rose 2.98% to $28.37. Natural gas prices have been rising with September futures gaining 9 cents on Thursday to $2.818.
QEP Resources has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 18.87 times; the average among its peers is 28.81. For comparison, Cabot Oil & Gas (COG) has a higher forward P/E of 90.03.Fourteen of the 18 analysts who cover QEP Resources rated it buy. Three analysts gave the stock a hold rating and one rated it sell. The stock has fallen 3.07% year to date. -- Written by Alexandra Zendrian
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV