A very similar setup is shaping up in shares of Roper Industries (ROP) right now. For this stock, the resistance level to watch is $103, and support comes in at $95. Like SWKS, the key to trading this setup is to wait for a break outside of the channel, and then take a position in the direction of that breakout.
If you cut your teeth as a value investor, it may seem unintuitive to buy when the stock's price is higher and sell when the valuation gets cheaper. But there's a very good reason for trading ROP like that; to understand it, you've got to think about what's going on with buyers and sellers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV