Semiconductor firm Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) has been getting a lot of investor attention in the last few months, thanks in no small part to the nearly 60% rally that shareholders have enjoyed so far in 2012. Here's how to know if buyers of SWKS are in store for bigger gains:
Right now, this stock is forming a rectangle pattern, creating what I like to call an "if/then trade." Put simply, a rectangle is a pattern that's bounded by horizontal resistance above shares and support below them. Rectangles are common after big moves (like the one in SWKS this year) because they represent consolidation, a chance for traders to mentally absorb the big price moves in shares before they plan their next steps. For SWKS, the important levels to watch are resistance at $29 and support at $23.50.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV