- HYPERCOMPETITION AND COMPLEXITY: Scarcity of resources, relative to the demand for them, has engendered a hypercompetitive environment and increased the difficulty of managing academic research activities.
- COMPLIANCE AND INDIRECT COST RECOVERY: The growing number of regulations, reporting requirements and unfunded mandates have exacerbated institutional stress and increased pressure on administration while diverting valuable faculty time from research.
- RESEARCH QUALITY AND IMPACT: Innovation requires diverse, high quality research. Standard metrics of quality and impact that reliably reflect the complexity and nuances of today's research need to be developed by the academic research community in partnership with key stakeholders. Such metrics will provide more transparency and enable more effective management of research to improve productivity and research outcomes.
- PLANNING AND DECISION SUPPORT: Enabling the highest impact research requires current and predictive data to assess programs, and to evaluate key opportunities in a funding-constrained environment. Strategic decision making requires credible local, national and international data.
- VALUE OF THE RESEARCH UNIVERSITY: The value of the research university in serving society, contributing to local economies, and promoting national innovation and security needs to be better communicated.
- FRAGILITY OF RESEARCH ADMINISTRATION AND LEADERSHIP: The complexity and fragility of the academic research administrative enterprise and leadership responsibilities is not fully understood or appreciated within the university or by sponsors and stakeholders. Better understanding of and support for research administration and leadership will help institutions to increase the productivity and build competitive advantage.
Addressing The Unprecedented Challenges Facing U.S. Research Universities Today
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.