ERIE, Pa., June 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The National Business Group on Health has recognized Erie Insurance (NASDAQ: ERIE) for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging their employees and families to maintain healthy lifestyles. ERIE was one of 66 employers to receive the 2012 Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles award. Erie Insurance offers car insurance, home insurance, life insurance and business insurance.
Erie Insurance earned Gold status for its wellness programs and commitment to helping employees and their families achieve and maintain good health. ERIE offers personal health coaches, online wellness programs, onsite fitness classes, and disease-management counseling. The insurance company also provides financial incentives to employees who demonstrate healthy behaviors and meet certain fitness goals.
"Health and wellness are shared responsibilities that fit with our corporate culture," said Christina Marsh, ERIE's senior vice president of human resources. "Physical and emotional well being are cornerstones of our wellness program because we believe they can enhance the quality of an employee's life, both on and off the job. We thank the National Business Group on Health for honoring our efforts.""Erie Insurance has an ongoing commitment to providing lifestyle-improvement programs that encourage healthy lifestyles for their employees," said Helen Darling, president and CEO of NBGH. " ERIE should be proud of its dedication and for recognizing the importance of promoting and maintaining a healthy workforce. We congratulate them." Winners of the Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles awards were honored in one of two categories: Platinum, for established healthy weight and lifestyle programs with measurable success and documented outcomes; or Gold, for creating cultural and environmental changes that support employees who are committed to long-term behavior changes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV