4G chipmaker Sequans Communications (NYSE: SQNS) announced today that Gilles Delfassy, wireless semiconductor industry veteran, has joined its board of directors.
Delfassy was most recently president and CEO of ST-Ericsson, a world-leading supplier of semiconductors to top-tier handset manufacturers, at the helm from 2009 to 2011. Previously, he spent 28 years of his career at Texas Instruments Inc. (TI) where he created and ran the Wireless business and served as senior vice president and executive officer of the company. Under his leadership at TI, the company developed the OMAP™ multimedia platform and became the world’s number one supplier of semiconductors to the wireless industry with its chips inside more than half of the world’s cellular phones. After he retired from TI in 2007 and before joining ST-Ericsson, Delfassy was an advisor to many high-tech companies and served on several corporate boards.
“Gilles’ tremendous knowledge of the global wireless and semiconductor markets is invaluable and will be of great benefit to Sequans, especially now as we gain traction in global LTE markets,” said Georges Karam, Sequans CEO. “We are very pleased to have him join our board.”
About Sequans CommunicationsSequans Communications S.A. (NYSE: SQNS) is a 4G chipmaker, supplying LTE and WiMAX chips to original equipment manufacturers and original design manufacturers worldwide. Founded in 2003 to address the WiMAX market, the company expanded in early 2009 to address the LTE market. Sequans is based in Paris, France with additional offices throughout the world, including United States, United Kingdom, Israel, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, South Korea, and China. www.sequans.com; Twitter: www.twitter.com/sequans
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV