Cafaro said Ventas is building a "framework for growth," noting that the company has a low cost of capital and a great team in place to both grow organically and through acquisition. Ventas is gaining scale, noted Cafaro, and is improving its balance sheet in the process.
When asked about the company's business and how it relates to debates over Medicare funding and health-care costs, Cafaro explained that Ventas is simply a landlord and the company's senior living centers, for example, are managed by Sunrise Senior Living (SRZ) and other experienced operators. "We collect rents regardless of what happens with Medicare funding," Cafaro added, which is why the company is able to deliver consistent earnings.
Also adding to the company's strength is that Ventas serves the middle of the market, which makes its facilities accessible to middle-income seniors. Cafaro said 80% of her company's revenue stems from private paying tenants and not from government subsidies.
Cramer said he's been remiss in not recommending Ventas before as the company has been terrific for its shareholders. He recommended buying on any weakness.
A Cereal Dividend BoosterIn a second "Executive Decision" segment, Cramer spoke with Ken Powell, chairman and CEO of General Mills (GIS), the consumer packaged-foods giant that delivered a solid quarter Wednesday, but with conservative guidance. General Mills also boosted its dividend by 8%, it's 12th boost in just eight years. Cramer currently owns shares of General Mills for his charitable trust,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV