DES MOINES, Iowa and NEW YORK, June 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Meredith Corporation (NYSE:MDP) today announced that it is offering digital editions of its most popular magazines, including such well-known titles as Family Circle, EveryDay with Rachael Ray, Ladies' Home Journal, Midwest Living and MORE, as magazines on Google Play.
On Google Play, consumers will be able to purchase a wide selection of magazines covering a variety of lifestyle interests – including fashion, food, travel, health, family and home decor – on Android smartphones and tablets. Single issues of Meredith titles will be available for just 99 cents for a limited time during the launch.
On Google Play, consumers can buy new or back issues of magazines and customize their reading experiences on their Android tablets or phones. Purchased magazines will be stored and accessible using cloud technology, enabling consumers to keep their favorite titles organized and easily browsed in a digital carousel. They will then be able to access these titles using the Google Play Magazines app for Android devices."We are excited to be adding such a variety of our key brands from our best-in-class portfolio to the Google Play store and experience," says Liz Schimel, EVP/Chief Digital Officer, Meredith National Media Group. "We know from our research that our large scale audiences of female readers are looking for this content across a broad spectrum of digital offerings. These tablet and mobile editions deepen and expand consumers' experiences with brands they love and trust, and reflect our long-term strategy to meeting our readers' multi-channel expectations and desires." Over the last year, Meredith has aggressively expanded its digital portfolio. In addition to the Google Play store, Meredith offers:
- Subscriptions and single-issues of nearly 20 brands on a range of tablet devices and distribution channels;
- Over a dozen branded mobile Apps, including Better Homes and Gardens Must Have Recipes and Parents' Carve a Pumpkin, each with over 1million downloads;
- A broad array of branded consumer websites, including the recently acquired Allrecipes.com, that comprise the Meredith Women's Network and reach approximately 40 million unique users every month;
- Over 10,000 original videos, including the recently launched Digs Channel on YouTube.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV