Genuine Parts Company (GPC) pushed the Wholesale industry lower today making it today's featured Wholesale loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Genuine Parts Company fell $1.62 (-2.7%) to $58.53 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2.8 million shares of Genuine Parts Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 935,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $55.58-$58.77 after having opened the day at $56.49 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $60.15. Other company's within the Wholesale industry that declined today were: China Auto Logistics (CALI), down 9.5%, Shengkai Innovations (VALV), down 7.7%, Addvantage Technologies Group (AEY), down 5.1%, and Westinghouse Solar (WEST), down 4%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Genuine Parts Ratings Report.
- Use our wholesale section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about GPC
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV