Dollar General Corporation (DG) pushed the Services sector lower today making it today's featured Services loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Dollar General Corporation fell 93 cents (-1.7%) to $54.02 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4.8 million shares of Dollar General Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.4 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $53.28-$55.30 after having opened the day at $55.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $54.95. Other company's within the Services sector that declined today were: O'Reilly Automotive (ORLY), down 14.3%, ValueVision Media (VVTV), down 10.3%, Teamstaff (TSTF), down 10.1%, and Pizza Inn Holdings (PZZI), down 10%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Dollar General Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about DG
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV