American Equity Investment Life Holding Company (NYSE: AEL), a leading underwriter of index and fixed rate annuities, announced today the following changes to its executive officers:
- John M. Matovina was named Chief Executive Officer and President. Mr. Matovina, age 58, was previously Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer and was serving as interim Chief Executive Officer and President. Mr. Matovina has served on American Equity’s Board of Directors since 2000 and has also served as Vice Chairman since 2003.
- Ted M. Johnson was named Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer. Mr. Johnson, age 42, was previously Vice President – Controller. Prior to joining American Equity in August 2000, Mr. Johnson was a senior manager with Ernst & Young LLP working primarily on audit clients in the insurance industry. Mr. Johnson is a certified public accountant and has over 19 years of experience in the life insurance industry.
David J. Noble, Executive Chairman and Robert L. Howe, American Equity’s lead independent director, said “The Board has a great deal of confidence in Mr. Matovina, Mr. Johnson, and the entire management team of American Equity. These individuals, together with Debra J. Richardson, Executive Vice President and Secretary, Ron Grensteiner, President of American Equity Investment Life Insurance Company, Terry Reimer, Executive Vice President and Jeff Lorenzen, Sr. Vice President of Investments provide us with an experienced group of executives that have worked together as a team for many years. We fully expect that the success and stability of American Equity will continue under their leadership.”
ABOUT AMERICAN EQUITY
American Equity Investment Life Holding Company, through its
wholly-owned operating subsidiaries, is a full service underwriter of a
broad line of fixed annuity and life insurance products, with a primary
emphasis on the sale of index and fixed rate annuities. American Equity
Investment Life Holding Company, a New York Stock Exchange Listed
company (NYSE: AEL), is headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa. For more
information, please visit
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV