MIDDLEBURG, Va., June 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Middleburg Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: MBRG) announced that it has been added to the Russell 3000 Index. The Russell 3000 Index measures the performance of the largest 3000 U.S. companies representing approximately 98% of the investable U.S. equity market.
"We are proud to be included in the Russell 3000 Index," said Gary R. Shook, president and Chief Executive Officer of Middleburg Financial Corporation. "This index represents a broad range of publicly traded companies and we feel honored to be included among this group of outstanding companies," Shook added.
The Russell 3000 Index is rebalanced each year based on a company's market capitalization as of May 31, and this year it added 197 companies, including 39 that went public in the last year. The Russell 3000 Index is constructed to provide a comprehensive, unbiased, and stable barometer of the broad market and is completely reconstituted annually to ensure new and growing equities are reflected.
About Middleburg Financial CorporationMiddleburg Financial Corporation is headquartered in Middleburg, Virginia and has two wholly owned subsidiaries, Middleburg Bank and Middleburg Investment Group, Inc. Middleburg Bank serves communities in Virginia with financial centers in Ashburn, Gainesville, Leesburg, Marshall, Middleburg, Purcellville, Reston, Richmond, Warrenton and Williamsburg. Middleburg Investment Group owns Middleburg Trust Company, which is headquartered in Richmond, Virginia with offices in Middleburg, Alexandria and Williamsburg. Middleburg Financial Corporation is also the majority owner of Southern Trust Mortgage, which is based in Virginia Beach and provides mortgages through 16 offices in 8 states.SOURCE Middleburg Financial Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV