Penn West Stock Hits New 52-Week Low (PWE)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Penn West Petroleum (NYSE:PWE) hit a new 52-week low Wednesday as it is currently trading at $12.43, below its previous 52-week low of $12.45 with 1.2 million shares traded as of 11:45 a.m. ET. Average volume has been two million shares over the past 30 days. Penn West has a market cap of $5.93 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are down 35.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Penn West Petroleum Ltd., an exploration and production company, engages in acquiring, exploring, developing, exploiting, and holding interests in petroleum and natural gas properties and related assets in Western Canada. The company has a P/E ratio of 4.5, below the average energy industry P/E ratio of 14 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV