Sysco Guest Supply Deploys Vocollect Voice Across Eight Workflows In 10 DCS; Nets Major Process Improvements
Vocollect, a business unit of Intermec, Inc. (NYSE:IN) and the world leader in voice-enabled solutions for mobile workers, together with Total Solution Partner Vitech Business Group, today announced that Sysco Guest Supply, the largest full-service provider of personal care amenity programs and room accessories to the lodging industry, has obtained strong results from its deployment of Vocollect Voice across eight workflows in 10 United States distribution centers (DCs), including boosting throughput performance by 28 percent and putaway by 26-28 percent.
Headquartered in Monmouth Junction, New Jersey, Sysco Guest Supply services virtually every large hotel worldwide. Its key strategic challenge is dealing with extreme peak volumes the first week of every month and during summer holidays. A highly fluctuating order velocity and the need for correct orders, coupled with the need to manage inventory just-in-time, precipitated the need to explore new technology. To meet the need of just-in-time deliveries, the company’s distribution leadership settled on voice. Technology partner Vitech Business Group recommended Vocollect and, after a short pilot, Vocollect Voice was implemented across 10 DCs in just nine months.
Today approximately 130 workers across the 10 DCs use Vocollect Voice in eight workflows – order selection, house truck-picking, parcel zone-picking, item demand/replenishment, putaway, count-check (precursor to cycle-counting), and item consolidation – to move more than 10 million cases per year.
“The more distribution workflows you voice-enable, the more efficient you can become. Vocollect Voice has adapted well to our multicultural workforce, and our employees have embraced the system as a way to do their jobs more efficiently,” said Jim Makowski, director of distribution, Sysco Guest Supply. “In comparison with our previous handheld device implementations, deploying Vocollect Voice has been relatively seamless, with each DC requiring just days for implementation after the first one,” he said.Results from the deployment have included:
- Total throughput increased 28 percent
- Selection increased 22-24 percent
- Putaway increased by 26-28 percent
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV