Energy Development, Limited (ASX ENE), parent company of Nashville based Energy Developments, Inc. (EDI), Green Power EMC and Veolia ES Solid Waste, Inc. today announced the completion of the expansion of EDI’s Landfill Gas to Electricity plant located on Veolia’s Taylor County Landfill in Mauk, Georgia. Renewable power generated from this facility will be sold to Green Power EMC under a 15 year Power Purchase Agreement.
The original Landfill Gas to Electricity facility was expanded from 4 MW to 8 MW of renewable electricity making it the largest Landfill Gas to Electricity facility in Georgia.
“EDI is proud to be a partner with Green Power EMC and Veolia ES Solid Waste on this project,” said Steve Cowman, President and CEO of EDI. “The Taylor County expansion fits in with our strategic growth plan to capitalize on existing renewable assets while expanding our U.S. renewable portfolio through the development of new greenfield sites.” EDI currently has over 90 MW of installed renewable generation in the U.S. utilizing only landfill gas as the fuel source.
Landfill gas, which is created when organic material naturally decomposes in a landfill, consists of about 50 percent methane. A reliable and readily available local alternative to fossil fuels, landfill gas can be converted to generate electricity, heat or steam, or used as an alternative vehicle fuel.“Green Power EMC is excited to continue our partnership with EDI at the Taylor County Landfill,” stated Jeff Pratt, President of Green Power EMC. “Our first energy purchase began in 2003 at the Taylor County Landfill resulting in the entry of Georgia’s cooperatives into the renewable energy market. This 4 MW expansion brings Green Power EMC’s portfolio of renewables to over 28 MWs. Green Power EMC is actively pursuing successful approaches to increasing the supply of renewable energy for Georgia’s EMC members.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV