Tellabs Enables Banco Mercantil Do Brasil To Deliver Critical Services To Its Customers
SAO PAULO, June 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Financial institutions need fast, reliable, low-latency networks for stock transactions, online banking and everything in between. That's why Banco Mercantil do Brasil chose Tellabs equipment to support the upgrade and expansion of its independent network.
Banco Mercantil do Brasil joins dozens of Fortune 500 companies that already rely on the Tellabs® 7100 Nano™ Optical Transport System (OTS) to carry critical communications. By deploying the Tellabs® 7100 series, Banco Mercantil do Brasil gains a reliable network with redundancy and low latency.
"As a financial institution, it is essential for us to have a fast and reliable network that enable us delivering high availability that is critical to our operations," said Lauro Wilson, Technology Executive Director of Banco Mercantil do Brasil. "Not only does the new network address Banco Mercantil do Brasil's needs today, but it will be able to grow with us over time to meet the future demands of tomorrow."The key benefits of the new network include:
- Faster connectivity between the bank's offices
- Low latency to speed crucial information delivery, such as with stock transactions
- Flexibility to support multiple interfaces and a variety of applications
- Scalability to seamlessly grow the network with virtually unlimited bandwidth as demand increases
- Reliability to deliver 99.9999% (or "six nines") availability for less then about 30 seconds of annual downtime per node
- Ability to turn up new services faster, in one day instead of in one week or more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts