SAO PAULO, June 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Financial institutions need fast, reliable, low-latency networks for stock transactions, online banking and everything in between. That's why Banco Mercantil do Brasil chose Tellabs equipment to support the upgrade and expansion of its independent network.
Banco Mercantil do Brasil joins dozens of Fortune 500 companies that already rely on the Tellabs® 7100 Nano™ Optical Transport System (OTS) to carry critical communications. By deploying the Tellabs® 7100 series, Banco Mercantil do Brasil gains a reliable network with redundancy and low latency.
"As a financial institution, it is essential for us to have a fast and reliable network that enable us delivering high availability that is critical to our operations," said Lauro Wilson, Technology Executive Director of Banco Mercantil do Brasil. "Not only does the new network address Banco Mercantil do Brasil's needs today, but it will be able to grow with us over time to meet the future demands of tomorrow."The key benefits of the new network include:
- Faster connectivity between the bank's offices
- Low latency to speed crucial information delivery, such as with stock transactions
- Flexibility to support multiple interfaces and a variety of applications
- Scalability to seamlessly grow the network with virtually unlimited bandwidth as demand increases
- Reliability to deliver 99.9999% (or "six nines") availability for less then about 30 seconds of annual downtime per node
- Ability to turn up new services faster, in one day instead of in one week or more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV