BOSTON, June 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Atlantic Power Corporation (NYSE: AT) (TSX: ATP) (the "Company" or "Atlantic Power") announced today that it has priced its previously announced underwritten public offering of 5,567,177 common shares of the Company, at a public offering price of US$12.76 per share ( Cdn$13.10 per share). Morgan Stanley is acting as sole bookrunner with respect to the offering of common shares. Subject to customary closing conditions, the offering of common shares is expected to close on July 5, 2012.
The Company intends to use the net proceeds from the common share offering, together with the net proceeds of its concurrent offering of US$130 million aggregate principal amount of convertible debentures, to fund the Company's equity commitment in Canadian Hills, its approximately 300 MW wind energy project under construction in the State of Oklahoma. Any remaining net proceeds will be used to fund additional growth opportunities and for general corporate purposes.
The common shares will be issued pursuant to an effective Form S-1 registration statement previously filed with the SEC and pursuant to a base PREP prospectus previously filed in each of the provinces of Canada, except Prince Edward Island and Quebec. Copies of the prospectus relating to the offering of common shares may be obtained from Morgan Stanley & Co. Incorporated, 180 Varick Street, 2nd Floor, New York, New York 10014, Attention: Prospectus Department, telephone: 866-718-1649 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org .
This press release does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy and shall not constitute an offer, solicitation or sale in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale is unlawful.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV