Richard Groome Joins Urban Barns Foods As Director
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, June 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Urban Barns Foods (URBF.OB), today announced the appointment of Mr. Richard T. Groome to its Board of Directors as well as a Strategic Marketing Officer. Mr. Groome has an extensive and distinguished career in financing small and mid-size emerging growth companies in Canada, which is one of Urban Barns' target markets.
Mr. Groome has been in the financial industry for more than 20 years at such firms as Groome Capital, Marleau Lemire Securities, Sprott Securities and Levesque Beaubien Geoffrion. Mr. Groome was a director of the CDNX Exchange, the predecessor of the TSX Venture exchange for several years and currently sits on the boards of directors of several private and public companies. Mr. Groome has actively managed or participated in over 400 financings representing some $4 billion of small cap financings. Mr. Groome is very active in numerous philanthropic projects most notably underprivileged children in Montreal and Peru, and the World Wildlife Fund. He has a BA in Economics from McGill University.
"Mr. Groome is a perfect fit to add to our executive team. His knowledge of, and extensive experience in Canada, one of our target markets is essential for our assertive expansion strategy," said Dan Meikleham, Chairman. " Jack Benne, Vancouver, Robyn Jackson, Calgary, Cesar A. Montilla, Jr., Puerto Rico, and Talal Thabet, Dubai joins me in welcoming Mr. Groome whose skill set is an asset to Urban Barns. This positions the company to expand quickly, smoothly and intelligently in three of our target markets."
In response to his appointment, Mr. Groome commented, "This is a wonderful opportunity for me to join the Urban Barns Board and their executive team with a focus to supply locally grown vegetables in USA, Canada and the Middle East. "About Urban Barns Foods Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV