CHANGGE and BEIJING, China, June 27, 2012 /PRNewswire-Asia-FirstCall/ -- Zhongpin Inc. ("Zhongpin," Nasdaq: HOGS), a leading meat and food processing company in the People's Republic of China, today announced the voting results of its 2012 Annual Meeting of Stockholders held on June 27, 2012 in Beijing, China.
At the meeting, stockholders elected all five directors standing for office to serve until Zhongpin's 2013 annual meeting of stockholders and until their successors are elected and qualified. The directors include Mr. Xianfu Zhu, Mr. Baoke Ben, Mr. Raymond Leal, Mr. Yaoguo Pan, and Mr. Xiaosong Hu (proxy item 1).
Stockholders ratified the appointment of BDO China Shu Lun Pan Certified Public Accountants LLP as Zhongpin's independent registered public accounting firm for its fiscal year ending December 31, 2012 (proxy item 2).
Of the stockholders casting their nonbinding advisory vote to approve executive compensation, the majority voting approved the proposal (proxy item 3).No other proposals were presented for a vote by stockholders, and no other business requiring the vote of stockholders was transacted at the Annual Meeting of Stockholders. About Zhongpin Zhongpin Inc. is a leading meat and food processing company that specializes in pork and pork products, vegetables, and fruits in China. Its distribution network in China covers 20 provinces plus Beijing, Shanghai, Tianjin, and Chongqing and includes 3,438 retail outlets as of March 31, 2012. Zhongpin's export markets include Europe, Hong Kong, and other countries in Asia. For more information about Zhongpin, please visit Zhongpin's website at http://www.zpfood.com. For more information, please contact:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV