So, tremendously diverse city, and we feel that diversity is one of our strength here in Philadelphia with a commercial corridors all throughout our neighborhoods and of course a strong Central Business District.
Philadelphia, unlike many other cities, not only has great a commercial sector or retail sector in Center City that as I mentioned earlier, a great residential component. So, a lot of people live in Center City, and of course, they also walk to work, or by Philadelphia has the largest percent of folks who use cycling to commute to work with any major city in the country. On the business side, we’re trying constantly to create a more friendly business environment here in the city, notwithstanding the recession, like any of the city, we were hit pretty hard, but unemployment continues to come down. One of the strengths of our city of course, is education and medicine.
One out of five doctors in the United States of America gets training in Philadelphia or the Philadelphia area. So Penn, Temple, Drexel, San José, Jefferson all of those entities continued to grow, continued to invest top children’s hospital. Philadelphia recently rated this as the number one children’s hospital in the country. For instance, we will spend $5 billion between now and 2017, investing in the area over in the University City.
The University City area continues to grow and demonstrate strength. Certainly, Brandywine has contributed to that with the Sierra and the opportunities for Sierra South the conversion of the old post office down to the IRS center upgrades at the Amtrak Station, the new port area on market street, and that continues right out and pass the 40th street with the University City Science Center, the first one of its kind as the business incubator or science incubator in the United States and that continues to grow and develop in the University City area.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV