Banco Santander (SAN): "I still think the stock is a sell, sell, sell."
KLA-Tencor (KLAC): "Everyone has given up on it but I think that's a mistake. Next year will be good."
Off The ChartsIn the "Off The Charts" segment, Cramer went head to head with colleague Tim Collins over the fate of natural gas, the commodity that never seems to stop heading lower. According to Collins, after trading below $2 in late-April, natural gas was finally able to hold a higher low and make a bullish "W" formation. That, he said, is a good sign and if the commodity can surge above its ceiling of resistance at $2.75 we'd be off to the races. Collins used both the TRIX momentum indicator and the RSI, relative strength indicator, to confirm his thesis. So how to play the move? According to Collins, Ultra Petroleum (UPL) is the natural gas company with the best chart. Using a daily chart of Ultra, Collins was also able to see bullish signs in both the TRIX and RSI as well as a "cup and handle" pattern, a very bullish sign. Collins theorized that if Ultra could break above $21.50, the stock could see $25 a share by the end of August or sooner. Cramer said many have predicted a bottom in natural gas, but he's inclined to believe Collins now that gas companies have finally cut back on supply and the U.S. is seeing increased demand for natural gas. Ultra, he said, is the best-run gas company out there.
No Huddle OffenseIn his "No Huddle Offense" segment, Cramer opined on the increasing takeover chatter in the banking sector. He said there was once a time when bank mergers and acquisitions were a staple. Whether it was a bank with regional to national ambitions or a bank trying to fend off its competition or take advantage of an FDIC fire-sale, takeovers were everywhere.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV