SLM (SLM) pushed the Financial Services industry lower today making it today's featured Financial Services loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, SLM fell 26 cents (-1.8%) to $14.70 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6.4 million shares of SLM exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $14.57-$15.03 after having opened the day at $14.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $14.97. Other company's within the Financial Services industry that declined today were: Penson Worldwide (PNSN), down 14.8%, Siebert Financial Corporation (SIEB), down 8.6%, US Global Investors (GROW), down 7.9%, and CD International (CDII), down 5.8%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full SLM Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about SLM
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV