Encana (ECA) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Encana fell 41 cents (-2.1%) to $18.63 on average volume. Throughout the day, 11.3 million shares of Encana exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.9 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $18.46-$19.08 after having opened the day at $18.94 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $19.04. Other company's within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: James River Coal Company (JRCC), down 14.7%, ATP Oil & Gas (ATPG), down 13.5%, Crosshair Energy (CXZ), down 13.2%, and Midway Gold (MDW), down 12.2%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Encana Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about ECA
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV