Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW) pushed the Materials & Construction industry higher today making it today's featured materials & construction winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Sherwin-Williams Company rose $2.94 (2.3%) to $130.30 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.1 million shares of Sherwin-Williams Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $127.66-$131.14 after having opened the day at $127.89 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $127.36. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that increased today were: M/I Homes (MHO), up 9.3%, PulteGroup (PHM), up 5.3%, Toll Brothers (TOL), up 5.3%, and Meritage Homes Corporation (MTH), up 5.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Sherwin-Williams Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about SHW
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV