Bahrain Disburses $2.6 Million From Victim's Compensation Fund In First 17 Cases
MANAMA, Bahrain, June 26, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Acting upon recommendations in the report of the Bahrain Independent Commission of Inquiry, Judge Khalid Hassan Ajaji – Assistant Undersecretary of the Ministry of Justice – announced the disbursement of $2.6 million dollars to the families of 17 deceased individuals. The average disbursement came to just under $153,000 per family.
Judge Ajaji told a local newspaper that the Civil Settlements Office started its activities in March of this year and continues to receive claims for compensation.
The compensation initiative is being implemented under Royal decree in an effort to promptly redress grievances and remedy damages cause by recent unrest. The initiative aims to benefit the families of the deceased, those who suffered physical injury, and any other cases deemed appropriate by the Ministry of Justice.
Established by Royal Decree on September 20, 2011, the Victim's Compensation Fund was designed to disburse compensation based on international best practices and in accordance with the United Nations Basic Principles and guidelines on the right to provide reparations for victims of gross violations of international human rights.SOURCE Kingdom of Bahrain
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV