Strayer Education (STRA) provides post-secondary education services. This stock is trading up 4.9% at $98.28 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 152,000Average Volume: 169,383 Volume % Change: 50%. From a technical perspective, STRA is gapping up sharply here with decent volume. This move is coming right off its 200-day moving average of $93.30, and it's pushed the stock into breakout territory since STRA has taken out some near-term overhead resistance at $94.81. Traders should now look to play the next major breakout for STRA. That trade will trigger once STRA takes out some past overhead resistance at $103.68 with high-volume. Look for a sustained move or close above $103.68 with volume that's near or above 169,383 shares. Traders can look to get long above $94.81 to anticipate that breakout, with a stop right around that level or higher. If we get that breakout above $103.68 soon, then STAA could easily hit its next significant overhead resistance level at $111.25. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV