Seagate Technology (STX) designs, manufactures, markets and sells hard disk drives. This stock is trading up 4.6% at $24.34 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 13.1 millionAverage Volume: 12.6 million Volume % Change: 63% From a technical perspective, STX is gapping up sharply here with above-average volume. This move is coming off some previous support levels at around $22.50, and it's quickly pushing the stock within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once STX takes out some near-term overhead resistance at $24.68 with high volume. >>5 Bargain Stocks With Tons of Cash Traders should now look for long-biased trades once STX sustains a move or close above $24.68 with volume that's near or above 12.6 million shares. If we get that action today or soon, then traders should add to any long positions once STX clears its 50-day at $26.99, and some more resistance at $27.10 with strong volume. As of the most recently reported period, Seagate was one of Edward Lampert's holdings and also showed up in David Einhorn's Greenlight Capital portfolio.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV