AFC Enterprises (AFCE) develops, operates, and franchises quick-service restaurants under the trade names Popeyes Chicken & Biscuits and Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen. This stock is trading up 5.2% at $22.78 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 193,000Average Volume: 93,375 Volume % Change: 230% From a technical perspective, AFCE is ripping higher here with above-average volume. This move has pushed AFCE into breakout territory, since the stock has moved above some near-term overhead resistance at $22.59. >>4 Stocks Poised to Break Out Traders should continue to look for long-biased trades as long as AFCE is trending above $22 to $22.59 with strong upside volume flows. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 93,375 shares as bullish. If we continue to see that action, then AFCE should trade north of $25 in the near future. On the flipside, any high-volume move below some near-term support at $20.36 to $20.21, and then below its 50-day moving average at $19.21 would have me looking for short-biased trades.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV