Cook assumed the highest-profile job in Silicon Valley in late August when his iconic predecessor, Steve Jobs, stepped down as Apple CEO. An acclaimed operations guru and key Apple insider, questions were nonetheless asked about Cook's ability to drive the company's innovation engine.
|Apple CEO Tim Cook.|
Since his appointment Cook has certainly been busy, overseeing the launch of the iPhone 4S, the new iPad, and most recently, the iOS 6 operating system and a MacBook refresh. Apple's legion of fanboys, however, are still eagerly awaiting the iPhone 5 and the much-hyped Apple TV.
Clearly comfortable pushing Apple in a new direction, Cook also reversed Apple's dividend strategy earlier this year, announcing the company's first payment since 1995.The CEO has also been a much more visible public presence than his predecessor, indicating greater levels of transparency. Amid mounting criticism of its Chinese manufacturing partners, for example, Apple announced special voluntary audits of its final assembly suppliers, most notably Foxconn factories in Shenzhen and Chengdu. Apple shares have climbed more than 52% since Cook became CEO. Take our poll and tell us how you think Tim Cook is doing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV