CHARLOTTE, N.C., June 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In recognition of the upcoming 100 year anniversary of the Lance brand in 2013, Snyder's-Lance, Inc. is proud to announce that the Lance Foundation will make one-time grants totaling $1.5 million to thirteen Charlotte-area nonprofit organizations.
These grants benefit programs that are closely aligned with the Company's focus areas of supporting education, championing healthy living, fighting hunger and assisting military causes.
"As the hometown of Lance for 100 years, we are honored to provide a special gift to the Charlotte area," said David V. Singer, CEO of Snyder's-Lance. "These grants will provide much needed assistance to a wide range of community organizations that touch lives each and every day."
Organizations selected for the grants include:
- Charlotte Bridge Home - to support outreach to the veteran community
- Charlotte Family Housing - to construct two physical/educational activity centers for two family shelters
- Communities In Schools-Charlotte - to provide transportation for Communities In Schools students to critical support services
- CrossRoads Corporation for Affordable Housing and Community Development, Inc. - to rehabilitate and expand programs at the Grier Heights Community Center
- Freedom School Partners - to expand summer learning opportunities
- Girl Scouts, Hornets' Nest Council – to build the Oak Springs Girl Scout Camp
- Junior Achievement of the Central Carolinas - to support JA BizTown, an educational program
- Loaves & Fishes - to purchase an 18-foot panel truck for food deliveries to pantries and food drives and to pick up food donations from food drives
- Presbyterian Healthcare Foundation - to extend the reach of the Community Care Cruiser to support Project L.I.F.T.
- Project L.I.F.T. - to fund teacher innovation grants supporting educational efforts in the classroom
- Second Harvest Food Bank - to expand Second Harvest's current backpack program
- United Way of Central Carolinas - to support health and human services needs in the community
- Urban League of Central Carolinas - to update technology in the learning lab
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV