REDWOOD SHORES, Calif., June 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Kensington Computer Products Group, the worldwide leader in physical security products for the mobile professional, has created the most extensive selection of physical security solutions for Apple devices. With a range of solutions for the iPad®, iMac®, MacBook Air® and MacBook® Pro, Kensington has the security needs of Apple business and education users covered. Analysts predict that one-third of Apple iPads will be used by businesses by 2016. Security accessories designed by Kensington for specific Apple computers, with specific uses in mind, provide an important first line of defense against device theft and loss.
The average cost of device theft and liabilities associated with the resulting loss of important business data is estimated to be $49,000, according to research from the Ponemon Institute. Companies also risk reputation or regulatory consequences if sensitive customer data is lost, particularly in healthcare and financial businesses. One of the easiest and most cost-effective ways to guard against device and data loss is to use physical security, such as laptop locks and security cases.
Apple iPad adoption for business has seen phenomenal growth in the last year. According to a recent survey, over 97 percent of enterprise tablet activations in Q1 2012 were for iPads. iPad adoption is most common in the financial services sector followed by business and professional services companies and the life sciences sector. A separate study predicts that Apple tablet adoption will increase dramatically to 230 million tablets globally by 2016, and one-third of them will be purchased by businesses."As more companies adopt Apple computing products, it's important they also adopt an essential first line of defense to protect both the devices and the data they contain," said George Foot, Kensington Vice President of Global Marketing and Product Development. "Kensington's 30-year heritage in providing security products gives us a solid understanding of the need to carefully match the security accessory to the use and the design of the device. Whether people are using their Apple computers to primarily view content, create content or to display information, Kensington knows how to design physical security that works alongside them seamlessly." Introducing New Kensington Physical Security for Apple Devices For the new iPad: Kensington offers a full line of protection and productivity accessories for the new iPad. Conceived to complement the iPad in every way, the SecureBack™ family of cases preserves the tablet's celebrated, slim design. These cases feature a unique three-piece design with a patent- pending locking system that quickly and easily secures the iPad to prevent theft. The case utilizes the best in class ClickSafe® locking system that enables iPad users to easily lock their tablet in just one click. Kensington Folio SecureBack™ Protective Folio Case & Lock for iPad® (K67753AM; SRP $89.99): With the Kensington Folio SecureBack™ Protective Case & Lock for new iPad® you´ll have a stylish folio case to carry and protect your iPad while on the go. When you reach your destination, the included ClickSafe® Lock will allow you to easily secure your iPad against theft in just one click.
- Integrated Folio makes it easier to carry the iPad
- Included ClickSafe lock secures in one click
- Folio folds up to act as two-way stand with typing and viewing modes
- Folio is easily removed if required & maintains slim design while adding security and protection
- ClickSafe lock anchors on same side as 30-pin connector for easy cable management
- Built-in sound deflector increases volume from iPad speakers
- Case protects back and sides from bumps and scratches
- Kensington SecureBack™ Security Case for New iPad® (K67750AM; SRP $49.99)
- Kensington SecureBack™ Security Case & Lock for New iPad® (K67751AM; SRP $79.99)
- Kensington Folio SecureBack™ Protective Folio Case for iPad® (K67752AM; SRP $59.99)
- Our highest level of physical security for iMac
- Nearly impenetrable ClickSafe lock head
- Bolts directly to desk or table for a permanent solution
- Easy to setup
- Manages cables while also securing a wired keyboard and mouse
- Won't interfere with screen adjustments or swivel
- Sleek design complements aesthetics of the iMac
- Dome design complements iMac aesthetics
- ClickSafe® lock secures with just one click—no keys and no fiddling
- Ultra cable provides the highest level of security
- Easy to position and assemble lock
- Sleek, modern dome design securely attaches to iMac stand
- Built-in cable management secures iMac accessories
- Won't interfere with iMac adjustability
- Built-in ClickSafe® Security Anchor secures in a click with the included ClickSafe® Lock
- Brushed aluminum security bar matches the MacBook Air aesthetics
- Preserves access to all ports
- Thin and portable design easily fits in sleeve or travel bag
- Tilts keyboard for more comfortable typing
- 4" stand or VESA mount available for ergonomic viewing
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV