REDWOOD SHORES, Calif.,
June 26, 2012
Kensington Computer Products Group
, the worldwide leader in physical security products for the mobile professional, has created the most extensive selection of physical security solutions for Apple devices. With a range of solutions for the iPad®, iMac®, MacBook Air® and MacBook® Pro, Kensington has the security needs of Apple business and education users covered. Analysts predict that one-third of Apple iPads will be used by businesses by 2016. Security accessories designed by Kensington for specific Apple computers, with specific uses in mind, provide an important first line of defense against device theft and loss.
The average cost of device theft and liabilities associated with the resulting loss of important business data is estimated to be
, according to research from the Ponemon Institute. Companies also risk reputation or regulatory consequences if sensitive customer data is lost, particularly in healthcare and financial businesses. One of the easiest and most cost-effective ways to guard against device and data loss is to use physical security, such as laptop locks and security cases.
Apple iPad adoption for business has seen phenomenal growth in the last year. According to a recent survey, over 97 percent of enterprise tablet activations in Q1 2012 were for iPads. iPad adoption is most common in the financial services sector followed by business and professional services companies and the life sciences sector. A separate study predicts that Apple tablet adoption will increase dramatically to 230 million tablets globally by 2016, and one-third of them will be purchased by businesses.
"As more companies adopt Apple computing products, it's important they also adopt an essential first line of defense to protect both the devices and the data they contain," said
Vice President of Global Marketing and Product Development. "Kensington's 30-year heritage in providing security products gives us a solid understanding of the need to carefully match the security accessory to the use and the design of the device. Whether people are using their Apple computers to primarily view content, create content or to display information, Kensington knows how to design physical security that works alongside them seamlessly."
Introducing New Kensington Physical Security for Apple Devices
For the new iPad:
Kensington offers a full line of protection and productivity accessories for the new iPad. Conceived to complement the iPad in every way, the SecureBack™ family of cases preserves the tablet's celebrated, slim design. These cases feature a unique three-piece design with a patent- pending locking system that quickly and easily secures the iPad to prevent theft. The case utilizes the best in class ClickSafe® locking system that enables iPad users to easily lock their tablet in just one click.
Kensington Folio SecureBack™ Protective Folio Case & Lock for iPad® (K67753AM; SRP $89.99):
With the Kensington Folio SecureBack™ Protective Case & Lock for new iPad® you´ll have a stylish folio case to carry and protect your iPad while on the go. When you reach your destination, the included ClickSafe® Lock will allow you to easily secure your iPad against theft in just one click.
Additional Kensington SecureBack™ Family Products:
- Integrated Folio makes it easier to carry the iPad
- Included ClickSafe lock secures in one click
- Folio folds up to act as two-way stand with typing and viewing modes
- Folio is easily removed if required & maintains slim design while adding security and protection
- ClickSafe lock anchors on same side as 30-pin connector for easy cable management
- Built-in sound deflector increases volume from iPad speakers
- Case protects back and sides from bumps and scratches
For the iMac®:
Kensington SafeStand for iMac® Keyed Locking Station (27" iMac-K64961WW; 21" iMac-K64960WW; SRP $99.99):
- Kensington SecureBack™ Security Case for New iPad® (K67750AM; SRP $49.99)
- Kensington SecureBack™ Security Case & Lock for New iPad® (K67751AM; SRP $79.99)
- Kensington Folio SecureBack™ Protective Folio Case for iPad® (K67752AM; SRP $59.99)
The Kensington SafeStand Keyed Locking Station delivers with our ultimate iMac lock. Bolt the SafeStand directly to a desk or table, and then secure it to the iMac with the ingenuous Kensington SafeDome™. SafeStand complements the iMac's aesthetics and preserves all screen adjustments and swivel functions.
Kensington SafeDome™ for iMac with Keyed Ultra Lock (K64962US; SRP $79.99):
- Our highest level of physical security for iMac
- Nearly impenetrable ClickSafe lock head
- Bolts directly to desk or table for a permanent solution
- Easy to setup
- Manages cables while also securing a wired keyboard and mouse
- Won't interfere with screen adjustments or swivel
- Sleek design complements aesthetics of the iMac
The SafeDome™ Secure delivers with a secure and stylish lock that compliments the iMac's aesthetics. It features the revolutionary ClickSafe® lock that secures in just one click with our Ultra cable for the highest level of security. And SafeDome manages your iMac accessories securing your mouse, keyboard and other peripherals.
For the MacBook Air®:
Kensington SafeDock™ MacBook Air® Security Dock & Keyed Lock (13" MacBook Air®-K67759AM; 11" MacBook Air®-K67758AM; SRP $99.99):
- Dome design complements iMac aesthetics
- ClickSafe® lock secures with just one click—no keys and no fiddling
- Ultra cable provides the highest level of security
- Easy to position and assemble lock
- Sleek, modern dome design securely attaches to iMac stand
- Built-in cable management secures iMac accessories
- Won't interfere with iMac adjustability
The Kensington SafeDock™ MacBook Air® Security Dock & Keyed Lock offers security in one sleek solution. Slide your MacBook Air into the SafeDock and flip up the security gate and attach the ClickSafe lock in one easy click to secure your MBA.
For the MacBook® Pro:
® Keyed Laptop Lock (K64637WW; SRP $44.99):
- Built-in ClickSafe® Security Anchor secures in a click with the included ClickSafe® Lock
- Brushed aluminum security bar matches the MacBook Air aesthetics
- Preserves access to all ports
- Thin and portable design easily fits in sleeve or travel bag
- Tilts keyboard for more comfortable typing
- 4" stand or VESA mount available for ergonomic viewing
The Kensington ClickSafe® Keyed Laptop Lock is designed for effortless protection of computers and your business´s most important data. Locks attach to Apple computer in a single step. Just one click and it´s secure. There´s no need for employees to insert a key or follow multiple steps. ClickSafe combines a cable made from superior materials with a tamper-proof disc-style lock to deliver the strongest security available in a cable lock.
These Kensington products are currently available for pre-order at
, and major resellers. For additional information on the new and existing line of Kensington products, please visit
For information about the cost of device and data loss, please visit:
Watch Kensington SafeDome video:
Watch Kensington SafeStand video:
Download hi-res images here:
Follow Kensington on Twitter @
Kensington smart safe simple (
Kensington, a leader in smart, safe, simple computing accessories, is the recognized industry standard trusted by enterprises around the world. Kensington's mobile security product offerings include laptop and mobile security locks providing a new generation of front-line protection for mobile devices. In addition, Kensington offers accessories including power adapters, chargers, mice, keyboards, trackballs, universal docking stations, desktop accessories, carrying cases and iPad/iPhone/iPod accessories. Kensington Computer Products Group, headquartered in Redwood Shores,
, is the technology division of ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO), a world leader in branded office products, with products marketed in more than 100 countries across the globe. For more information, visit
Kensington, ClickSafe and the ACCO name and design are registered trademarks of ACCO Brands. Smart. Safe. Simple, SafeDock, SafeStand, SafeDome and SecureBack are trademarks of ACCO Brands. iPad, MacBook, MacBook Air and iMac are trademarks of Apple, Inc. All other registered and unregistered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Covered by one or more of US Pat. No's 8,001,812; 7,997,106; 6,081,974; 6,317,936; 7,415,852.