NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The ex-dividend date for Post Properties (NYSE:PPS) is tomorrow, June 27, 2012. Owners of shares as of market close today will be eligible for a dividend of 25 cents per share. At a price of $47.42 as of 9:30 a.m. ET, the dividend yield is 2.1%. The average volume for Post has been 626,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Post has a market cap of $2.53 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. Shares are up 6.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Post Properties, Inc. is an independent real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets of the United States. It primarily develops, owns, and manages multi-family apartment communities. Post Properties, Inc. was founded in 1971 and is based in Atlanta, Georgia. The company has a P/E ratio of 59.9, below the average real estate industry P/E ratio of 60.7 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
Latest Headlines about PPS
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV