NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The ex-dividend date for Axis Capital Holdings (NYSE:AXS) is tomorrow, June 27, 2012. Owners of shares as of market close today will be eligible for a dividend of 24 cents per share. At a price of $31.63 as of 9:30 a.m. ET, the dividend yield is 3%. The average volume for Axis has been 945,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Axis has a market cap of $4.17 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. Shares are down 1.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. AXIS Capital Holdings Limited, through its subsidiaries, provides various insurance and reinsurance products to insureds and reinsureds worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Insurance and Reinsurance. The company has a P/E ratio of 7.3, below the average insurance industry P/E ratio of 7.9 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
Latest Headlines about AXS
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV