If you're searching for a hotel and you don't want to pay more than you think you should, perhaps you should stop using your Mac during searches.
The Wall Street Journal reports that Mac users are being led towards pricier hotels on Orbitz (OWW) searches than Windows users. Mac users tend to spend as much as 30% more per night on hotels, according to the report, which says that Orbitz is using this data for its search results.
Orbitz has not yet responded to TheStreet's request for comment on this story.
As hype continues to surround Apple's new Passbook app developers can now access it instead of waiting for iOS 6, according to the RedmondPie Web site. The site details how to get it working, via opening PassSource on iOS devices. From there, a few steps are needed to create a working app for developers to use and work with, prior to the official release, sometime in the fall. Apple has not yet responded to TheStreet's request for comment on this story. Shares of Apple edged lower in Tuesday trading, down 0.2% to $569.61. Interested in more on Apple? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV