Highlights include faceted browsing, enhanced bi-directional integration with SAP® solutions, FAST Search support and better user experience
WATERLOO, ON, June 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - OpenText™ (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSX: OTC) today announced the availability of OpenText Application Governance and Archiving (AGA) for Microsoft® SharePoint® 10.5, which provides SharePoint users with one of the most advanced, integrated, complete content lifecycle solutions for managing SharePoint sites and mission critical business information across an enterprise.
Broadly viewed as the industry's leading information governance solution for SharePoint, OpenText AGA 10.5 offers businesses powerful new features including:
- Simplified navigation of large content volumes - Faceted browsing lets users leverage metadata to navigate through vast volumes of content more efficiently so they can easily access information in OpenText Content Server through SharePoint. Container specific views also allow users to view context-relevant metadata.
- Enhanced Archiving and Compliance - Customers can take advantage of significant refinements in OpenText's ability to archive SharePoint content, whether it be long-term archiving of SharePoint lists or support for more complex data types. This improves the overall flexibility, performance and manageability of access to specified content.
- Stronger Integration with OpenText xECM for SAP Solutions - Enhanced support for OpenText Extended ECM for SAP® solutions brings the bi-directional access of content to users of SharePoint and SAP software. End users can now leverage work done in SAP workspaces through SharePoint, or extend access to content and projects created in SharePoint through an SAP workspace.
- Support for Microsoft FAST Search for SharePoint - Users can now search and index Content Server content quickly and easily using Microsoft's FAST Search technology whether it is full text or document metadata.
"OpenText has once again raised the bar by offering the most advanced and complete solution for SharePoint integration for enterprise information governance," stated Lubor Ptacek, Vice President, Strategic Marketing and General Manager, Microsoft Solutions at OpenText. "By integrating with SAP solutions and providing our customers with the ability to search and navigate through vast volumes of data, we are taking yet another step in our strategy towards helping customers get more value out of their information and their SharePoint deployments."Organizations in all industries and vertical markets depend on Microsoft SharePoint for its ability to connect people and the content they need to succeed through a simple, easy-to-use interface. OpenText AGA 10.5 helps organizations to drive SharePoint adoption while managing the growth of SharePoint sites to ensure that broader compliance and archiving policies are met, provide open access to all enterprise content, and reduce ongoing administration and storage costs. By providing access to content from all enterprise sources directly from within SharePoint in the context of business applications and processes, it also helps to improve user productivity. This ultimately increases the value of content by giving organizations a comprehensive, well-managed, and long-term approach to preservation of corporate memory and sound information governance.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts