Shares of Comerica (CMA) of Dallas closed at $29.19 Monday, returning 14% year-to-date, following a 38% decline during 2011.
Based on a 15-cent quarterly payout, the shares have a dividend yield of 1.98%.
The shares trade for 0.9 times their reported March 31 tangible common equity per share of common stock of $32.06, and for 11 times the consensus 2013 earnings estimate of $2.71. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is $2.06.UBS's price target for Comerica is $37, and "in order to more fully account for the execution of CMA's approved capital plan" raised its 2012 EPS estimate for the bank to $2.50 from $2.42, and its 2013 estimate to $2.82 from $2.78. Scinicariello said that "in order for CMA to sustain its relative outperformance among regional banks, positive trends from 1Q12 need to exhibit follow-through in the areas of loan growth, NIM, and expense management," and that UBS expects "consistency and do not anticipate any change to 2012 guidance." Scinicariello also said that "CMA has more than delivered on its promise to aggressively manage its excess capital, increasing its dividend by 50% to a 25% [of earnings] payout level and authorizing the repurchase of $375MM of stock (we project ~$120MM in 2Q12)." Interested in more on Comerica? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV