Fifth Third Bancorp
Shares of Fifth Third Bancorp (FITB) of Cincinnati closed at $12.72 Monday, returning 1% year-to-date, following an 11% decline last year.
Based on a quarterly payout of eight cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 2.52%.
The shares trade for 1.1 times their reported March 31 tangible book value of $11.64, and for 8.5 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $1.50. The consensus 2012 EPS estimate is $1.49.UBS's price target for Fifth Third is $16. The firm on Tuesday raised its 2012 EPS estimate for Fifth Third by three cents to $1.51, "in order to account for continued strength in mortgage banking," while also raising its 2013 EPS estimate by three cents, to $1.63. Scinicariello said that during the first quarter, Fifth Third's "run rates for fee income and expenses improved and it will be important for FITB to maintain these levels." Fifth Third's guidance calls for expenses to decline by $15 million during the second quarter from $973 million last quarter while UBS models "a $7MM reduction to $965.6MM." The analyst expects Fifth Third's net interest margin to "decline by 8bps this quarter to 3.53% (slightly worse than the 5-6bps guided to) and would anticipate some improvement in forward guidance due to trust preferred redemptions (>$1.4B in 2012)." Scinicariello also expects "loan growth (1.5% sequentially)" and said that "improved guidance on this front" from KeyCorp's management "could be a key driver." Interested in more on Fifth Third Bancorp? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV