Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV), a leading global provider of cloud content services, today unveiled the App Cloud Dual-Screen Solution for Apple TV. The new solution enables media publishers to develop rich content apps for the iPhone and iPad that simultaneously control content, data and information presented on an HDTV while displaying synchronized content on the iPad or iPhone. The unique dual-screen solution leverages Apple’s AirPlay technology, which allows viewers to use applications that simultaneously present content, interactive options and data on both the touch device and an Apple TV.
With Brightcove’s new App Cloud Dual Screen Solution for Apple TV, media publishers can capitalize on the growing consumer trend of using mobile devices while watching TV. A national survey of more than 2,000 Web-enabled smartphone users conducted by Razorfish and Yahoo! found that “80 percent of respondents are mobile multitasking while watching TV.” Brightcove customers can now leverage this trend by offering their audiences a variety of enhanced viewing experiences, including the ability to stream programs to an HDTV while enjoying relevant content on the app such as actor bios, past-season recaps, trivia, photos, and more.
“The App Cloud Dual-Screen Solution for Apple TV opens the door to a new kind of content experience for the connected consumer that blends the rich contextual information that fans crave with HD television viewing,” said Jeremy Allaire, Brightcove chairman and chief executive officer. “App Cloud is transforming the iPad and iPhone app experience by marrying rich contextual content for mobile devices with online video viewing on the living room television.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV