With App Cloud Core, Brightcove provides an open source HTML5 mobile app development SDK and powerful cloud services for efficiently operating and managing apps. This combination makes App Cloud Core the end-to-end solution for building and managing apps.
“Organizations of all kinds are developing apps, but for many the way these apps are built is inefficient and unsustainable,” said Ashley Streb, vice president of technology at Brightcove. “Hybrid apps, or apps built using HTML5 but deployed as a native app, continue to change the game for app development. But in order to be truly successful, organizations also need cloud-based services, like advanced analytics and push messaging, that ensure their apps remain successful long into the future. App Cloud Core not only empowers Web developers to create and publish unlimited apps for free, but it also provides a layer of intelligence and cloud-based services that is unmatched in the industry.”
A Complete Solution for Mobile AppsBuilt on Brightcove’s intelligent cloud content platform, App Cloud Core empowers developers and business users to build and operate rich native apps. App Cloud Core provides:
- Unlimited app publishing to iOS and Android smartphones and tablets.
- Cloud-based multi-platform compilation to generate distribution-ready, rich native apps for publishing across devices.
- The App Cloud Workshop testing tool that enables developers to painlessly preview and beta test apps directly on a device just as if they were testing a Web application in a browser.
- On-device debugging to test application code while it is running on a device. By simply shaking their device, developers can connect the App Cloud Workshop test environment to the App Cloud remote debugging console to quickly diagnose problems and resolve bugs or performance problems.
- Open access to Internet content sources, including content management systems, blogs, and REST-based Web services and limited use of App Cloud’s Fast Feeds content optimization service for up to 5 of those sources.
- Real-time analytics to measure installs, sessions, usage time and average session length across apps.