ESB Powers Invoicing With Ariba
An efficient accounts payable function. It’s something that all companies want, but few have been able to achieve. ESB (Electricity Supply Board) Ireland’s premier electricity utility is out to change this. The company has implemented cloud-based offerings from Ariba, Inc. (Nasdaq: ARBA), the world’s business commerce network, and is using them to transform its purchase order and invoice management processes into automated and efficient ones through which it can reduce errors, speed approvals and drive savings.
“Purchase Order and invoice management is a highly time and cost-intensive function,” said Shana Dillon, Manager, Finance Operations at ESB. “With Ariba’s solutions, we can create an effective process for interacting with our suppliers across the payment cycle that will lead to greater efficiencies and savings,” she added.
ESB is relying on Ariba ® Invoice Management ™ and PO Automation ™ to achieve these goals. Delivered on-demand via the Ariba Network, the solutions provide market-leading technology that ESB can use to:
- Move to a completely paperless invoice process in 100 days
- Reduce operating costs by 70 percent or more
- Eliminate exceptions and simplify and accelerate dispute resolution
- Minimize risk of overpayments, duplicate payments and fraudulent payments
- Comply with corporate and regulatory requirements
- Effectively benchmark and measure performance
“Accounts Payable teams spend inordinate amounts of time and effort processing paper invoices – from matching them with contracts and tracking POs and goods receipt to correcting errors and fielding supplier inquiries. Yet most companies still have limited visibility into the process, leaving them exposed to risks like overlooked billing discrepancies, missed discounts, and overpayments,” said James Tucker, Director of Marketing, Invoice and Payment Solutions, Ariba. “With Ariba Invoice Management and PO Automation, ESB can execute a smart invoicing process that delivers greater visibility and control, improved contract compliance, and stronger supplier relationships.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts