Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI), the Wi-Fi industry’s leading provider of software and services worldwide, today announced its continued support of the Wireless Broadband Alliance’s (WBA) advanced Next Generation Hotspot (NGH) trials, slated for Q4 2012.
The following statements can be attributed to Boingo Wireless senior vice president of business and corporate development and WBA board member Luis-Alfonso Serrano:
- “With data demand skyrocketing, seamless roaming through industry standards is an essential part of the solution to enable data offload to Wi-Fi for all carriers. This represents a seismic shift in opportunity for Wi-Fi operators to provide a valuable service to the mobile industry.”
- “These trials will usher in a new era of wireless cooperation and collaboration for the benefit of consumers worldwide. Ensuring that mobile customers can get connected on their favorite devices wherever and whenever they want, without having to worry about authentication or billing is fundamental to simplifying access for users and enabling mobile data offload for carriers.”
- “Boingo is committed to working with the WBA and other industry organizations to make a high performance, hassle-free user experience a reality in the very near future.”
Luis-Alfonso Serrano has been actively involved in the joint industry initiatives on mobile roaming created by the WBA, WFA, GSMA and IEEE since their inception, and is a featured speaker at the WBA Wi-Fi Global Congress 2012, taking place this week in Seoul, South Korea.
The WBA announced today that Boingo will be a leading participant in phase two Next Generation Hotspot trials. Boingo Wireless has been a member of the Wireless Broadband Alliance since 2008.About Boingo Wireless Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI), the world’s leading Wi-Fi software and services provider, makes it easy, convenient and cost-effective for people to enjoy Wi-Fi access on their laptop or mobile device at more than 500,000 hotspots worldwide. With a single account, Boingo users can access the mobile internet via Boingo Network locations that include the top airports around the world, major hotel chains, cafés and coffee shops, restaurants, convention centers and metropolitan hot zones. Boingo through its Concourse Communications Group subsidiary operates wireless networks at large-scale venues worldwide such as airports, major sporting arenas, malls, and convention centers, as well as quick serve restaurants. For more information about Boingo, please visit http://www.boingo.com. Boingo, Boingo Wireless, the Boingo Wireless Logo and Don’t Just Go. Boingo! are registered trademarks of Boingo Wireless, Inc. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners. Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements This press release contains “forward-looking statements” that involves risks, uncertainties and assumptions. Forward-looking statements can be identified by words such as “anticipates,” “intends,” “plans,” “seeks,” “believes,” “estimates,” “expects” and similar references to future periods. These forward-looking statements include the quotations from management in this press release, as well as any statements regarding Boingo’s strategic plans and future guidance. Forward-looking statements are based on our current expectations and assumptions regarding our business, the economy and other future conditions. Since forward-looking statements relate to the future, they are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements include regional, national or global political, economic, business, competitive, market and regulatory conditions, as well as other risk and uncertainties described more fully in documents filed with or furnished to the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), including Boingo’s Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2011 filed with the SEC on April 13, 2012. Any forward-looking statement made by us in this press release speaks only as of the date on which it is made. Factors or events that could cause our actual results to differ may emerge from time to time, and it is not possible for us to predict all of them. We undertake no obligation to publicly update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise, except as may be required by law.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV