ProShares UltraShort S&P500 ETF (SDS) trades an average of 21.3 million shares per day.
I am not a big fan of ETFs in general (other than a few key select ones), and my desire to hold a leveraged ETF overnight is right up there with having the power go off in my office during the last hour of trading on option expiration day.Because of the way leveraged ETFs work, the best way to trade them overnight is through options. I would not consider a stock trade here. I like the July $16 strike put options for 28 cents or more with a profit target of 20 cents. This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV