Petroleo Brasileiro (ADR) (PBR) is an integrated company operating in exploration, production, refining, retailing and transportation of petroleum and its byproducts at home and abroad. The company was founded in 1953 and is based in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Petroleo Brasileiro trades an average of 19.7 million shares per day with a marketcap of $72.9 billion.
The total number of analyst buy recommendations is two, and four analysts believe the best course of action is to hold. The average analyst target price for PBR is $31.80.The trailing 12-month price-to-earnings ratio is 6.8, the mean fiscal-year estimate price-to-earnings ratio is 7.21, based on earnings of $2.72 per share this year. Investors are receiving 11 cents in dividends for a yield of .55%. Short interest is very low with only 11 million shares out of a float of 3.6 billion shares short. Oil is in a downward bear trend; however, a dead cat bounce that may help PBR is likely. For a quick hit and run, I like the $17 strike put options that expire this Friday for 16 or more cents. These would most likely have to be sold on Tuesday to make it worthwhile. Otherwise, I equally like the July $17 strike put options if they can be sold this week for 55 cents each. My profit target is 45 cents.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV