The majority of advisors (71 per cent) believe Canada's overnight interest rate will be higher on June 30, 2013 than it is today. While 69 per cent believe the Consumer Price Index will rise either one or two per cent over the next 12 months.
The effects of the 2008 financial downturn are still being felt by Canadian investors:
- Advisors believe almost half (48 per cent) of their clients are more risk adverse since 2008.
- Thirty-seven per cent believe their clients are pessimistic about the current market conditions.
- Fear of losing capital (62 per cent) is the number one concern advisors hear from their clients followed by fear that their investment performance won't be enough to achieve their lifestyle goals (61 per cent).
- The money invested won't be enough for retirement (60 per cent) and fear that if markets crash, clients won't have enough time to make up any losses before retirement (59 per cent) are also concerns advisors hear.
Listen to Sadiq S. Adatia, Sun Life Global Investments Chief Investment Officer, as he comments on the Index.
Read the full report on the Advisor Sentiment Index for more key findings and results.These are some of the findings of an Ipsos Reid poll conducted between April 23 and May 4, 2012 on behalf of Sun Life Financial. For this survey, a sample of 475 Canadian financial advisors was interviewed online. The survey participants represent a cross-section of the Canadian financial services industry including affiliated and independent financial advisors. More than two thirds (70 per cent) of the survey respondents are members of the Mutual Fund Dealers Association (MFDA) and a third (35 per cent) are members of the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC). A survey with an un-weighted probability sample of this size and a 100 per cent response rate would have an estimated margin of error of +/- 3.9 percentage points, 19 times out of 20, of what the results would have been had the entire population of Canadian financial advisors been interviewed. All sample surveys and polls may be subject to other sources of error, including, but not limited to coverage error, and measurement error. Percentages reported in this summary are rounded to the nearest whole number. This press release may include future or forward-looking statements that are speculative in nature and which cannot be relied upon. There is no guarantee that these events will occur or in the manner speculated. Information provided in this press release is compiled from sources believed to be reliable at the time of release, but no representation or warranty, express or implied, is made as to its accuracy. Information and commentaries expressed herein are subject to change without notice and are provided in good faith without legal responsibility. This press release is not intended to provide specific financial, tax, insurance, investment, legal or accounting advice and should not be relied upon in that regard and does not constitute a specific offer to buy and/or sell securities.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts