PROS ® (NYSE:PRO), a world leader in pricing and revenue management software, today announced that TAP Portugal, the national leading carrier of Portugal, has selected the PROS™ Origin & Destination Solutions™ to support its ever-expanding growth between Europe, the Americas and Africa. It is also the leading airline between Europe and Brazil, flying to 10 destinations in Brazil from its home base. TAP operates an average of more than 2,250 flights each week on a modern fleet of Airbus aircraft. The transaction closed in the fourth quarter of 2011.
TAP is a member of the Star Alliance network of global airlines. For three consecutive years – 2009, 2010 and 2011 – it was awarded the “World’s Leading Airline to South America” by the World Travel Awards (WTA), as well as the “World’s Leading Airline to Africa” in 2011. Global Traveler Magazine voted TAP “Best European Airline” in 2011.
“As we continue to grow the number of destinations we serve, we evaluated our requirements for a solutions provider to help us identify the best price-seat combinations in our network,” said Manoel Torres, a member of the TAP Executive Board of Directors. “At TAP, we are committed to investing in innovative new technologies to accommodate our growth and satisfy our customers’ expectations, both of which are strategic imperatives. We chose PROS based on its experience as the market leader, and look forward to an enduring and successful relationship.”
“We are honored TAP has chosen PROS O&D for its next-generation revenue management system,” said PROS Travel President Benson Yuen. “We recognize that TAP is looking to distinguish itself through operational efficiency and shareholder profitability, and our experience and knowledge will help meet its strategic business goals. Our big data solutions serve airlines worldwide, and we appreciate the confidence and trust TAP places in PROS.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV