ICO Global Communications (Operations) Ltd. (“ICO”), a subsidiary of Pendrell Corporation (NASDAQ: PCO), announced today that it has withdrawn its petition for review to the California Supreme Court in connection with its litigation against The Boeing Company (“Boeing”) and certain of its subsidiaries. The withdrawal comes following the execution of a settlement agreement with Boeing pursuant to which Boeing waived its right to appellate court costs and agreed to pay $10 million to ICO.
On April 13, 2012, the California Court of Appeal reversed a 2008 California Superior Court ruling that had awarded ICO $603 million for breach of contract, fraud and tortious interference. The Court of Appeal also awarded Boeing its appellate court costs, which Boeing had indicated would be substantial. ICO filed a petition to the California Supreme Court on May 23, 2012 requesting further review of the case.
“As we previously indicated, the likelihood of the California Supreme Court agreeing to hear our case was remote. Furthermore, we anticipated several years of additional litigation with Boeing relating to its attempt to recover costs from ICO,” commented Bob Jaffe, general counsel of Pendrell. “As a result, we believe this settlement is in ICO’s best interests.”
About Pendrell CorporationPendrell is headquartered in Kirkland, Washington. For more information about Pendrell, visit www.pendrell.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV