Kellogg saw a 1.3% decline in sales in its most recent quarter, said Cramer, and the company cut guidance and its share repurchase program thanks to a decline in market share. Meanwhile, ConAgra saw its volumes decline, but revenue increase thanks to higher prices and falling prices. The company offered upbeat guidance and is moving into more lucrative private label arrangements.
No Huddle Offense
In his "No Huddle Offense" segment, Cramer again opined on the falling price of oil and the obliteration of the oil and gas stocks along with it. He said the oil service group is to totally in the control of big money managers, all of whom are betting on weak demand from Europe and China.
But in their haste to throw out the entire sector, Cramer said the managers have neglected to take note of the dramatic increase in U.S. oil and gas production, as well as the inedibly low prices of the stocks they've been shorting so heavily.
Cramer said that after this quarter is over, he would consider buying into some of these beaten-down names.--Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To contact the writer of this article, click here: Scott Rutt. To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/scottrutt. To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV