Cramer concluded by calling McDonald's a consistent "A-" student that's not very exciting compared to Burger King, which is a "C+" student that's hitting the books to become a solid "B" student.
Here's what Cramer had to say about caller's stocks during the "Lightning Round":
Sprint Nextel (S): "I have liked the stock but it's just moved too much. Let's wait for a pullback."
Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY): "I need to see a total breakdown of this stock before I can tell you to get in."Baytex Energy Trust (BTE): "These are all ratcheting down their distributions. I'm going to say don't buy." Parker Hannifin (PH): "You can't buy this one until it yields 4%. There's no floor in the stock yet." Molycorp (MCP): "No, no. When the market is bad, stocks like that won't hold up." Frontier Communications (FTR): "I do not believe that dividend is sustainable. I want to say to hold off." Kimberly-Clark (KMB): "It has a good yield, and with oil and gas coming down this one is terrific. I'm not against this one right here." Zynga (ZNGA): "This may be a decent speculative play. The question is, can they make money. It seems wrong to sell it here though."
Another Food Fightinvestors should also have a high-yielding consumer packaged foods company in their portfolio, said Cramer, as he kicked off his third match-up of the night, this one between ConAgra Foods (CAG) and Kellogg (K). Cramer said that if he were back at his old hedge fund he'd start a paired trade going long ConAgra and short Kellogg. Why? Because in an environment where the prices of everything from ingredients to packaging and transportation are falling, ConAgra has the most to gain. ConAgra currently has 25 brands that are number one or two in their category, said Cramer, everything from Slim Jim and Orville Redenbacher popcorn to Pam cooking spray. While ConAgra has a plan for growth, executives at Kellogg seem to be stepping on their own toes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV