He's the author of "Portfolio Strategy," a long-running column in Forbes, and he's well-known as the biggest wealth manager in the U.S.: His firm, Fisher Investments, has more than $41 billion under management. He's also got a lot of wealth in his own right; Forbes estimates his worth at $1.7 billion.
In the investment world, Fisher has also made a number of contributions -- namely to behavioral finance, where he's published research with academics on a slew of investing topics. Today, we'll peek into this billionaire money manger's portfolio by taking a look at his 13F to see what new stocks Fisher Investments has bought in the last quarter.Institutional investors with more than $100 million in assets are required to file a 13F -- a form that breaks down their stock positions for public consumption. From hedge funds to mutual funds to insurance companies, any professional investors who manage more than that $100 million watermark are required to file a 13F. That includes Fisher Investments. >>ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out Stockpickr's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now! By comparing one quarter's filing to another, we can see how any the firm manager is moving their portfolio around -- and what investments are faring the best for them. More importantly, we can figure out what new names are being bought up in the near-term - after all, they're likely to be fund managers' favorite stocks. Today, we'll focus on Fisher Investments' five favorite stocks for the first quarter of 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV